Road Trip Musts
Even though gas prices are sky-high, we are still hitting the road this summer because who doesn’t love a good road trip. Whether you are going away for days or simply driving to a nearby park or beach, there are a few essentials you need to bring for any successful trip. Here are my top ten:
- Extra phone chargers - so no one has to fight about who has a less battery remaining.
- A gallon jug of water - trust me, this will come in handy whether you need a drink or want to rinse off those sandy feet.
- Extra plastic bag or bin for car trash - you don’t want to find that banana peel in the seat back pocket three months from now.
- Sunscreen - love your skin at any age.
- Towel or fleece blanket - keeps you warm in an air-conditioned restaurant and great for impromptu picnics.
- Umbrella or plastic poncho - because rain happens.
- Lip balm with SPF - see #4.
- Reusable shopping bags - great for those road trip purchases and to keep things organized in the back of the car.
- A change of clothing in a plastic bag - even for day trips, you never know when a spill will happen and you’ll need a bag for those clothes.
- Delicious snacks - look for snacks with protein that will keep you going until the next meal or rest stop.